Friday, December 7, 2007

Fred's on Huck's Ignorance

I'm not calling Huck stupid. I'm calling him ignorant--"destitute of knowledge or education" according to Miriam Webster. Huck claimed that he was unaware of the National Intelligence Estimate about 36 hours after it had been released to the public and it had been all over the news for the better part of that time. Fred issued a criticism of Huck:
“Not only is Iran the major long-term threat to our country, the nuclear program is the most important part of the Iran consideration. For a presidential candidate not to know that and not to keep up with that is very surprising,” said Thompson.

“These are the kinds of things I’ve been talking about all of my life. Now, if the American people have other priorities, if they want someone who smiles a lot more than I do, or someone who is a better quipster than I am, who has no experience in these areas, that’s for the American people to decide.”
I personally find it inexcusable for Huck to not be aware of current events. His lack of understanding of foreign affairs should really disqualify him for the job whose primary responsibility is protecting the American people from foreign threats.

No comments: