Thursday, December 20, 2007

Roger Simon on Roger Simon

There are two different Roger Simon's in the world of political reporting. One reports for the Politico and the other for Pajamas Media. The one at the Politico wrote a hit piece on Fred from the trail in Iowa. Reiterating the lazy moniker. It is a stupid story where this Roger Simon apparently is so biased that he could not report accurately on what he was looking at and could not keep his heavy bias out of the story (he seemed to get his feeling hurt by not being allowed into a "closed" interview with the local paper).

Well, the Pajamas Media Roger Simon needed to write a piece indicating that it wasn't him. He bothered to look at the video of the event and had this to say:
I still make no claim to journalistic expertise, but if there's one thing I know about it's hats (see logo above). I bought and tried on many a Borsalino over the years in a vain attempt to brand myself as a detective writer. I've even purchased a fair number of Kangols and various fedoras.

So as a tried and true member of the Hat Squad, and having viewed the video, I can say this: I don't know what the hell the other Roger Simon was talking about.

No comments: