Wednesday, December 26, 2007

American Right to Life on Romney

This is an ad that the American Right to Life committee is running in Iowa--against Romney and not for any particular candidate. What I find interesting is putting a time line onto some of his various claims.

Once again, I like the positions that Mitt takes in the campaign--I just cannot be sure that he will defend them tomorrow.

In a lot of ways, Mitt is my second choice. But I am moving to wanting honesty above highest percentage of agreement on the issues, which puts McCain second on my list right now. Either way, I would be disappointed if it is not Fred.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huckabee is by far the most pro-life candidate, has the best solution to the tax issue, and the best political talent for winning support and communicating.

McCain has the most experience and is an American Hero.

Fred seeems like a good guy but, does he have the energy to run the country? He doesn't even have the energy to campaign.

It's either Huck or McCain (or preferably both) on the ticket or the Dems win.

Joel Harris said...

No, you are wrong.

Huck is pro life, but every day he shows that he is woefully inadequate on foreign policy. Today he apologized for Bhutto's assassination. Incredible. His ethics as an officeholder is terrible and will be used to rip him to pieces.

Being an American Hero is not a valid qualification for being President.

I read the situation is that anyone EXCEPT Huck on the Republican side is electable. If Huck IS electable, he will ruin the Republican party for 10 years.