Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Other Thoughts on the Debate

Fred has gotten some good and bad press on the debate, which tells me he did OK. The part that I liked best was when Matthews made a snide comment. The discussion was on government intervention into labor disputes. The initial question was whether or not the government should intervene (poor debate question), to which Fred said "No." He then went on to explain the role of government (put pressure on countries that are intentionally devaluing the currency). Matthews then said, "That took a long time. You said 'No', you should have stopped there." As Matthews started to move on to Giuliani, Fred retorted, "No one asked your opinion Christopher". There was a pause there which made me wonder if Matthews was about to lose it.

I saw a quote in a comment over at Redstate (comment #7) that reflects my feel on Ron Paul:
Then there's Ron Paul but why dwell on the halfwitted uncle that shows up at the reunion wearing his underwear on his head.
So I won't dwell on him...

No comments: