Friday, October 19, 2007

Fred at Family Research Council Briefing

Fred has a contingent at the FRC Washington Briefing. Marc Ambinder at The Atlantic is reporting that Fred has a heavy contingent there. Apparently Fred wants very badly to come out of this meeting with strong support from evangelicals. He made comments talking about his "heart" meeting his "head":
"My political record and my head were always there, always has been there, but I must say that it took life's experiences for me to absorb the real importance of it all. I had been blessed early in my life when I was young...and I have been blessed when I was not so young. I've had the ultimate tragedy that a father can have and the ultimate blessing that a father can gave. With regard to Ms. Hayden, I can only say that after the first time in my life, seeing the sonogram of my own child. I will never think exactly the same again. I will never feel exactly the same again. Because my heart now is fully engaged with my head."