Monday, October 22, 2007

FDT on Schaivo

Fred was given another opportunity to address the Schaivo case today and he gave an answer the really explains his initial answer. The interview was with Jake Tapper of ABC News in Florida today. It really sounds like a very emotional issue as he had to deal with a similar situation with his own daughter. It may or may not be the answer that "social conservatives" like, but I think most will be able to appreciate his position. I cannot think of a more difficult decision that a parent would have to make.
"I had to make those decisions with the rest of my family," Thompson said. "And I will assure you one thing: No matter which decision you make, you will never know whether or not you made exactly the right decision."

GOP hopeful Thompson said that "making this into a political football is something that I don't welcome, and this will probably be the last time I ever address it. It should be decided by the family. The federal government -- and the state government too, except for the court system -- should stay out of these matters, as far as I'm concerned."

No comments: