Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Michigan Debate

I have been moving for the last few days and have had problems with internet access, so there have been things that I would like to blog that I haven't had opportunity to.

Today I am watching the Republican debate. I have been most interested in how Fred handles himself. Unfortunately the format (with so many people involved) really is not good for anyone making a mark for themselves.

The only person that has made a mark for themselves in my mind is Ron Paul--and not for good reasons. My gut reaction is "he's a nut!" He is out of sync with the Republican party. His position on the projection of power is wrong. His position on how to win over voters regarding Republican (or his own) vision of the economy is wrong. His understanding of the Constitution is wrong. His tone for speaking to the American people is wrong.

Since I'm not live blogging (I'm trying to work while listening) I will have to wait until tomorrow to put together some quotes on these observations.

By the way, I think that Fred is handling himself well, but it is very hard to distinguish himself very much with all of the individuals involved. Mostly, everyone is trying to talk in sound bites. What Fred has not done well is that he has been using sound bites from the road that are already familiar.

No comments: