Monday, July 30, 2007

Fred on Federalism

Sorry about the silence. I have been doing a lot of travel. Also not big on talking up the negatives that have been floating recently about the FDT campaign over the last week. But fortunately there is more going on.

FDT has posted a great article on Federalism over at his blog. Quite frankly from a policy point of view, this may be the area that excites me most about Fred. I agree with many other areas, but FDT understands Federalism and what it means.

Now I may take it much farther than FDT would--I would de-fund PBS, the Ad Council, National Endowment for the Arts and dozens of other areas of the budget not authorized by the Constitution. But I do think that Fred would take the idea of actually looking at the Constitution seriously.

No comments: